Download panel for video is not shown or shown in some wrong place. Or When I open sites in Chrome IDM starts many unwanted downloads. What should I do?
1. Please update IDM to the latest version by using "IDM Help→Check for updates..." menu item
2. I don't see "IDM Integration module" extension in the list of extensions in Chrome. How can I install it?
Maybe you or some program on your computer deleted IDM extension from Chrome or you have some old version of extension. You need to install the latest version of IDM extension.
Please note that all IDM extensions that can be found in Google Store are fake and should not be used. Our extension is hidden on Google Store, and it cannot be searched as well. This is made by design, because there is no sense to install extension without IDM, also the extension should be installed automatically during IDM installation.
3. How to configure IDM extension for Chrome?
If you already added IDM extension into Chrome you need to configure it correctly. To do this press on Chrome menu (arrow 1 on the image), select "More tools" menu item (arrow 2 on the image) and then select "Extensions"tab (arrow 3 on the image). Then press "Details" option (arrow 4 on the image) for IDM extension.
You need to check that "IDM Integration Module" extension is enabled (arrow 1 on the image). You need to allow extension to read data on all sites (arrow 2 on the image). If you use incognito mode in Chrome, you need to enable "Allow in incognito" checkbox (arrow 3 on the image).
Please note that some security applications may block add-ons folder in Chrome. For example such problem is confirmed with AdwCleaner. You need to add IDM in exception list in such applications.
Also maybe there is some conflict with other extension for Chrome. Please try to disable all extensions besides IDM in Chrome "Settings→Extensions" dialog and look if problem persists. Some standalone applications like pop-up blockers also may cause this. For example there is confirmation of such conflict with Ad Muncher application. If you have such applications try to exit or uninstall them.
4. Please note that for Chrome you have to enable "Use advanced browser integration" option in "Options→General" IDM dialog (arrow 1 on the image). Then check that integration into Chrome is also enabled (arrow 2 on the image).
5. Also you may need to clear your browser cache and temporary files.